Cat's Role Playing Zone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue Blood

2 posters

Go down

Blue Blood Empty Blue Blood

Post by Shturmi Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:08 am

מפרסם דברים אחרונים שכתבתי, גם אם ישנים, בגלל שיבש פה ואתם שוקלים כמו פילון הודי שזה עתה נולד.ם

Title: Blue Blood
Genre: Horror/Fantasy
Time Written: About six months ago

Prologue

First, there was darkness. Everything was so black, so… opaque, that it made the very concept of sight obsolete. I wriggled around trying to affirm my existence and sprayed a mist of cold sweat. I could feel it damping the air like a dirty wet cloth, all these secretions sticking to my neck, my armpits, even the seams of my suit. It froze almost instantly in a flash as painful as frostbite, with the sound of glass crackling. And suddenly, I was pulled. Something was sinking its clutches to the back of my head, gnawing at the roots of my hair and scaring my flesh. As it chunked the tender protoplasm eagerly, the meat over my scalp was sucked out like through a vortex. Facial bones and epidermis cracking, juicy and sticky blood running from my brows, eyelids, the root of my nose… It was as if my skull was trying to flee the confines of its own skin. The fluids dripping from my puckered face were gushing into my mouth like a flood. I spat, I choked, I growled, but it served nothing but to fill my lungs with a cloud of spongy liquids that stabbed against my insides. I tried to scream, yet only a dead wheeze came out, carried by a sound so agonizingly low it set my rib cage vibrating. ‘Destroy me’ I whimpered, ‘Enough already’. I wanted to die, to perish, I wished my heart would just explode. And by the time I gave up, it actually did.

Or so I thought.
At an instant I was awake, dazzled by sunlight and color. The lab was messy. An open window, tall with a fractured wooden frame, let the wind dance its way in through the stained drapes. They were old, covered almost entirely with Blue Blood and cobwebs. Over the crooked table lay the grubby pieces of measuring aids, most rusty beyond repair, and the shredded remains of some old parchment. I wagged my tongue against my teeth, trying to restore some conscious sense. It was then that I noticed his hunched back leaning over the table... It moved irritably as he breathed, as if he was purposefully aiming at my attention. He spoke absentmindedly, with not a stir nor a turn, but I could hear he was pleased, almost smiling. “Three minutes and forty eight seconds.” As I breathed in deeply, preparing to reply, he grasped my jaw forcefully with his gloved hand, shoving his index finger down my throat. It was invasive. Dominating. Almost sexual. “Amount of saliva seems alright” he added, not removing his finger. I gagged softly to let him know it was enough, avoiding his gaze like a rueful puppy. He took back his hand, its absence felt only by the dry taste of polished rubber. “Have you your voice back?” he asked with an inquisitive look. It was fake. All he ever did was fake. I stared back at him, silent. He then proceeded to poke my arm with a needle, taking a sample of my blood. It had a dark shade to it, a sort of undecided color. “Very well…” he uttered, and then spoke something that sounded much like a cough. He was wearing a breathing mask that muffled his voice heavily, so most of his talk could be mistaken for such. “Ready to go again?” he asked. … I wanted to cry. Instead, I nodded. “Good”. He fastened the bonds that tied my arms to the chair, trapping me like a fish in a barrel. As he went to the back of the apparatus, I listened fearfully to every tink and tonk, anxious to delay the moment, to have time stop right there and then. But I couldn’t. My head started spinning as my eyeballs turned dried and shrunken. I gripped at the sight of the room, the smell of blood and everything that felt like reality as strong as possible. But for naught. All I could do was sink into obscurity. Last before slipping I could hear my partner’s voice, talking to me from behind his desk. “Don’t worry” he offered, “it will all be over soon.”

הסיפור מתרחש בעולם פנטזיה עירוני עם סגנון תרבותי סקנדינבי. השמות הם שמות דניים ופיניים. העיר היא עיר תעשייתית מאוד אבל בסגנון תרבותי צפוני (אפשר להסתכל על ערים בסקנדינביה המתועשת המוקדמת בשביל לראות למה אני מתכוון). בעולם הזה, קצת כמו בוורוולף של ווד, יש מישור רוחני שבו יש קיום לכל מה שמת. הכוונה היא לא רק ליצורים חיים שמתים, אלא נניח תחנת רכבת שאף אחד לא משתמש בה/שהרסו אותה - היא קיימת במישור הזה. אפילו קונספטים מתים, למרות שזה קצת יותר מורכב. יש אנשים שיכולים ליצור אינטראקציה עם המישור הזה, בעיקר מלכים עתיקים מסיפורי עבר, והמשותף להם זה שיש להם דם כחול. פיזית כחול (כלומר, לא כחול כזה, אלא יותר כחול מהדם שלנו). בעזרת הליכים ניסויים אפשר ליצור אינטראקציה עם המישור הזה ולשנות את גוון הדם גם של אנשים רגילים. הגיבורים הראשיים של הסיפור הם זוג מדענים, סורן - מדען צעיר ומבריק שהלך שבי אחרי המורה שלו ומוכן לעשות הרבה מאוד בשביל גילוי משמעותי על העולם, וקספר - המורה שלו, שכעת הם חוקרים ביחד כשווים. קספר הוא אדם שבור ומיואש שמוצא הנאות במקומות קיצוניים וסוטים ביותר בחיים. הפרולוג מייצג את מחשבותיו של סורן במהלך ניסוי שקספר עושה עליו (הם נוהגים לבצע ניסויים אחד על השני כאשר אין מושאי מחקר מתאימים לעבוד עליהם). הסיפור מאוד אפל ומזעזע. יש מערכת יחסים מורכבת ודי דפוקה בין השניים, שמתבטאת בנסיונות לדומנינטיות הדדית דרך התנצחויות מילוליות, השגת הכרה מאנשים אחרים, ודברים שגובלים בהתעללות פיזית הדדית במהלך ניסויים. הייתי מאוד מדוכא כשהגיתי את זה, כפי שניתן לראות.ם

מה דעתכם?ם

Blue Blood Blue-blood
Shturmi
Shturmi
Admin

https://catsrpg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Blue Blood Empty Re: Blue Blood

Post by Spooky Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:26 pm

טוב, כמובן שמיותר להגיד שזה מאוד מעניין וכו'. אני אוהב את השמות שלהם ואני חושב שהם במקום, למרות שהם לא מעבירים סקנדינביות. יהיה מיותר לכתוב דברים טובים כי נראה לי שאתה יודע שאתה מנסה משפטים מאוד יפים וקוהרנטיים ושקונספט מעניין. מעניין לראות לאן תיקח את זה.
הציטוט האהוב עליי הוא:

“Amount of saliva seems alright” he added, not removing his finger. I gagged softly to let him know it was enough, avoiding his gaze like a rueful puppy. He took back his hand, its absence felt only by the dry taste of polished rubber. “Have you your voice back?” he asked with an inquisitive look.

יש כמה בעיות. קודם כל השם לא מצטלצל לי טוב באוזן. שתי המילים מתחילות בB וזה לא כיף להגות את זה. בנוסף, זכור שהגוון של הדם הוא לא כחול בהיר אלא רק לכיוון הכחול. מה גם שיש המון מילים יפות לתאר את הגוונים הכחולים. אז ממש הייתי מציע לך לבחור שם אחר. כמה רעיונות:

Cerulean Blood
Cerulean Red
Cobalt Vitality
Ultramarine
Azure Sanguine

בנוסף זה היה בולט, בעיקר בפסקה הראשונה, שהשתמשת ביותר מידי מטאפורות, ויותר מידי במילה like. זה א' היה מוגזם וב' הרגיש כאילו אתה מנסה להתאמץ בשביל הקהל. זה גם יוצר כבדות בזרימה.

יש גם כמה ניסוחים שאני לא מסכים איתם:
Something was sinking its clutches to the back of my head
מאוד בעייתי. המילה something רומזת שהדובר לא יודע מה זה הדבר שנועץ בו את הקלאצ'ז שלו. עכשיו, אם הוא לא יודע, אז איך הוא יודע שזה קלאצ'ז? הוא לא. זה רק מרגיש כמו קלאצ'ז. אז זה ישמע יותר טוב אם הוא יגיד "זה הרגיש כאילו משהו תוקע את הקלאצ'ז...".

with not a stir nor a turn
לא אמור להיות neither?
Spooky
Spooky

Back to top Go down

Post by Shturmi Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:34 am

קשה להבין חלק ממה שכתבת בגלל היישור לשמאל ):ם

השתמשתי בבלו בלוד בכוונה כי זה ביטוי, גם בתרבות האנגלית וגם בתרגום של סיפורים סקנדינביים אמיתיים. אולי בכל זאת שווה להחליף את זה למשהו אחר בגלל ההגייה.ם
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_blood

בקלאצ'ס רציתי שתחשוב שיש שם מפלצת אמיתית ולכן כתבתי את זה כך. החלק של ההתעוררות במעבדה אמור להיות מפתיע ברמה כלשהיא.ם

נופ. באנגלית יפה משתמשים הרבה ב"ווית' נוט משהו נור א משהו-אחר", זה ויקטוריאני כזה.ם
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/grammar/british-grammar/neither-neither-nor-and-not-either
Shturmi
Shturmi
Admin

https://catsrpg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum